Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New Cleansing Brush...I like it!

I have to admit, I've always wanted to purchase a Clarisonic Cleansing Brush...but I've had a hard time getting over the $195+ price tag.

VS.

Well, recently I noticed that Olay launched a cleansing brush of their own...only $30 and available at Walgreeen, Walmart, etc. At first I was skeptical....would it cleanse as well as the pricier version??? I also, had to get over my aversion of OTC products. As a trained and licensed Master Esthetician, I am a big believer in professional products vs. products sold in the big box stores!!!

So I did a little research...and then decided to buy...I saved my receipt and will submit w/my taxes, I consider it research so I can inform my clients on whether they should spend their $30 or save for the big-bang product.

Click on review if you want to read one of the reviews I found online.

Here's what I found....I like it....really like it! My skin feels, softer and less dry. It's a great exfoliator. My skincare products seem to penetrate better and maybe it's hopeful thinking, but I'm sure my skin is much more glowy!!! It has 2 speeds, I use the slower speed under my eyes...my husband thinks the faster speed is too iritating for his skin, but he's not as tough as most women. (One year I told him for his bday I was giving him a rejuvenating facial laser treatment....oh yah, that's a story for another day!!!!) The biggest difference between Olay and Clarisonic is that Olay only spins in 1 direction, where Clarisonic rotates in either direction. The Olay cleansing brush did come w/an exfoliating cleansing scrub...but I have only used it with my favorite products...Image! Also, I just keep it on the ledge in my shower....I makes me excited to cleanse my face!!! Gotta love that!

Final Decision....Like It!!!!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

P.S. I also used a $3 coupon I found in my Sunday paper!!!

Unknown said...

I have been seeing these lately, but like you I didn't want to spend $200. Maybe I will try this one out. Thanks for the advice! Your advice is always great!