Saturday, March 5, 2011

I made a "Shoe Connection"!!!


The Runner's Corner in Orem may have saved me! One day I had an after lunch appt cancel, so with an extra long lunch in my favor, I decided to drop by "The Runner's Corner, something I've been meaning to do for several months and hadn't taken the time to do. I was a little intimidated at first, the store really looked like a place for pro-runners, I definitely did not belong here. I met the owner, Hawk, a super nice guy...explained my (old woman) foot issues to him and after spending an hour with him, he had me outfitted w/some new shoes!!! He had me run for him...of course at first I was mortified...me, run, outside, in my skinny jeans, people might see me...but I got over myself and I ran. I must of tried out 10 different types of running shoes...learned that for my problem, I had to lace/tie them a special way and even though I'm a size 6 1/2 shoe...I needed a size 8 running shoe!!! That also freaked me out! As the typical woman, I always have issues with numbers....whether they are on the scale, on calories listed, on clothes and yes, I guess shoes, call me crazy. Again, I got over myself and now I am running in a SIZE 8!

I found a few shoes that would work for me...but some of them were to crazy for my conservative self. Hawk said that finding the right pair of running shoes is like finding a mate. At the end of my hour of trying on shoes, running in them, I finally found my mate...they are actually the shoes pictured at the start of my blog. I want to give Hawk a HUGE thanks for all the time/energy he spent with me, he was the best. I never felt as though he was out for a sale, but only there to help me!!! I was so impressed and I recommend them to anyone who is looking for the PERFECT MATE shoes!!! I have actually taken my new shoes to the indoor track a few times now....so far....we're a match!!!

p.s. Hawk, next time, I'm going for the neon pink!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know the feeling! I have to buy size 9 running shoes. Glad you found some you like. I went through the same process, but they videotape you! Scary! But now I know exactly what to look for in running shoes for the future.

Jenna