Thursday, March 3, 2011

Running....it's a love/hate thing!


As most of you know, my 1st choice of exercise is lounging by the pool reading a book, but since that doesn't really count as exercise I guess I'd have to choose running. It's easy, pretty inexpensive, no special equipment is needed and I can get it done without going to a gym (I always been an anti-gym gal). Since I live in Utah, I usually take a BIG break on the exercise thing from the end of fall until Spring arrives. I know, pretty whimpy! Especially since last year there was not spring, basically winter until the 11th of June! But this year, I found out that our local rec center only charges $.50 to use the indoor track...it's actually a pretty nice track and it doesn't stink, so I'm not counting it as a gym. So I starting running again the last week of Feb...that is really early in the season for me!!! Luckily, I have several clients that are "real runners" and give me all kinds of motivating advice and make me want to be a "real runner". That's why my 1st book on my current reading list is, "Born to Run", so far, it's pretty good.



My biggest challenge with running....I have a bad foot, and it can be very painful for me to run. I even had considered giving up running this year and to start biking, but then I would have to do the expensive equipment thing.... but last week I may have found my answer to fixing my foot pain!!

Have I got your interest yet....I'll post more soon on my new hero(s)!!!

No comments: