Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October--National Candy Month!!


As a self-proclaimed sugar addict, I am glad I finally I don't have to feel guilty about my candy splurges!!! I have to admit, I'm much better than I used to be. I don't HAVE to buy a candy bar at every check-out line. I still want to, I just am better at exercising self-control! But, here is a easy way to eat your chocolate yet still keep your calories in check!

A new study was just published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Assoc, researchers found that people who were served 20 candy halves ate about the same number of pieces as those given 20 whole ones--but they consumed less calories. The take-away: When it comes to snacks, size does matter. So munch on M&M's minis or mini candy treats, trying to go easy on full-sized versions and you may feel satisfied w/less.

Let me know how that works for you! Happy Halloween/Candy Month!!

No comments: